eCommerce site from scratch VS ready-made ecommerce solutions : Why should you build an ecommerce site from scratch when there are ready-made ecommerce solutions available in the market? To build an ecommerce website from scratch is no easy job. It takes considerable development cost, time and effort to build sites from scratch.
Ready-made ecommerce platforms like VARStreet will make it easy to launch your online store. They are ridiculously affordable and specifically designed for small to medium sized businesses.
When you use this platform, you no longer have to spend countless hours to setup your ecommerce store. It provides a straightforward way to take your business online.
A ready-made ecommerce solution provides web hosting, takes care of server management, site customization and maintenance. It handles all the technical aspects so that you can focus on what matters most – sales.
Ways to build an eCommerce site:
- Custom development:
The development of e-commerce using popular front end and back end technologies like HTML, CSS, Jquery, MySQL, PHP and it’s frame works
- Open-source platform development
The development of e-commerce using open source platform like Magento, Shopify, WooCommerce (WordPress Plugin)
Also Read 5 Advantages of Investing in Your 20s
Features Available in ready-made ecommerce solutions
- Easy to use drag and drop functionality to setup your web pages without coding knowledge
- The platform comes with a wide range of ecommerce templates that are highly customizable and mobile-friendly.
- Integrated with major payment gateways to accept credit/debit card payments. Supports other payment methods such as Google Pay, Apple Pay, etc.
- Connected with shipping companies like UPS, USPS, etc.
- Get shipping rates directly into your store. Provide advanced shipping options to your customers.
- Generate various types of reports and connect your website with Google Analytics to get deep insights about your customers and business performance.
- Partnership with popular rich content providers like Etilize and IceCat. You get rich content like product images, technical specifications, long and short description etc. along with the website
- Automated sales tax calculations. The platform is connected with tax compliant software applications like Avalara that calculate tax automatically as per defined rules.
- Offers features like custom discount codes, gift cards and abandoned cart recovery feature
- SEO friendly; ability to change meta tags and meta descriptions of every web page. Built-in module blogging module to publish keyword-rich blogs and articles, and boost traffic to your website
- Third-party integration with marketing platforms like MailChimp that will allow you to launch email marketing campaigns to build brand awareness. You can also integrate your ecommerce website with social media platforms like Facebook and Instagram.
Also Read Best Finance Jobs
Ready-made ecommerce platforms offer 24/7 customer support which is either email-based or through live chat. Customer support helps to resolve client problems, provide faster responses and boost client satisfaction.
On the whole, when you want to launch a fully functional store fast from scratch, you need to choose a ready-made ecommerce solution like VARStreet. You can quickly setup your store and start selling.
Use ready-made ecommerce solutions
- your website needs to handle thousands of users
- you have specific shipping options
- you have extraordinary reporting needs
- your business requires custom and non-standard features
- you’re planning to use innovative technologies and AI-powered solutions
- your business offers customizable products
- you use custom promo codes
- your website needs integration with other, special systems
- you have security concerns
- you’re aiming to stand out from your competitors and create a recognizable branding
You don’t have the spend the earth to get an eCommerce store online, but the more you spend initially and after launch, the greater it’s chance of success. The more you spend on it, the better end product you will get which in turn gives a better customer experience.