Maintaining your health is more than just exercising and eating right. Though the best way to keep your body healthy is following a good exercise and diet plan, there’s a lot of little things in life that we might take for granted, and can definitely improve on to strengthen both our minds and bodies. Maintaining a good body is important if we want to pass on those traits to our future children, and also important to have a good quality of life.
How to Remain Healthy
These days, with stress from jobs, family and finances, not enough time throughout the day, and overall busy lives, it might be hard to pinpoint all the ways we can improve on. Because we don’t realize just how many things affect our body, we neglect our bodies and this has serious consequences later on in life.
The best way to keep your body healthy throughout your entire life is to focus on making changes, slowly but surely. These changes, if practiced every day, become a habit. Habits then become permanent, whether they’re good or bad.
1. Cleanse your body
- The first step to restoring your health is to purify your body.
- Your body needs detoxification to throw out the harmful toxins.
- To do this one has to follow a clean diet of fresh fruits and juices while cutting down on spices the most.
- This helps purify the blood streams and cut down on toxins making the body lighter, healthier and healed.
- When the accumulate toxins are lost, your body is ready to restore its health.
2. Exercise daily
- Move your body constantly to improve on your health.
- A healthy exercise routine has the power to de-stress you and release any frustration off your body.
- Often people with unhealthy diet and obesity issues complain of stagnant health, tiredness, fatigue, anxiety, frustration and stress.
- Indulging in a healthy exercise routine brings positive energy, healing, detoxification, and freshness into your life.
- Even 30 minutes of exercising daily is known to balance hormones, manage stress, and manage weight to the best.
- [ 5 Best Fruits and Vegetable Purifier in India 2020 ]
3. Maintain healthy diet
- Eating right is important to give your body the nutrition it requires.
- Eating right takes care of the body needs and addresses the health issues better.
- Avoid junk foods, fizzy drinks, caffeine and sugary drinks to save from the unhealthy additions to the body.
- Eating enough fruits, vegetables, nuts, seeds, etc helps energize and optimize body functioning.
4. Follow healthy sleeping patterns
After having spent an entire day juggling between the meetings, stressful situations, food habits and running errands, it is important to unplug and recharge your own energy.
And therefore following a healthy sleeping routine becomes pertinent.
Practice on setting up a dedicated time to go to sleep and cover up on at least 8 to 10 hours of sleep every night to let your body rejuvenate and recharge from the daily trauma.
The more number of deep sleep hours brings health and happiness into life. It restores body health!
5. Address your emotions
Instead of burying your feelings deep inside you, start recognizing what your heart, body and mind tells you.
It is not always when you feel tired, dizzy, unhappy, distressed, or feeling uncomfortable.
There is always an underlying reason for what you feel. And if these aren’t addressed well, they become reasons for anxiety, stress and depression which contribute a majority of health related problems.
Heal your body and mind from uncomfortable emotions by seeking for therapies.
Listening to music, talking to friends, writing journals, purifying body, meditation, confronting with the people etc help in finding solutions for emotional healing.
6. Yoga and meditation
Yoga is self-care, healing, exercising and everything in between.
Yoga is an art of connecting the mind, body and soul in a string.
Research have shown that yoga paired with meditation is indeed a powerful addition to health as it simplifies living and heals one from inside.
Additionally it brings a plethora of hormonal changes, bodily changes and positivity in life which aids in better healing from diseases and ailments.
People practicing yoga are known to be better at fighting with stress, depression etc while having strong immunity system, hormonal balance, body strength and flexibility. Meditating improves one’s brain power and makes your thoughts fall in line with health.
7. Practice gratitude
Gratitude is all about giving yourself and the people around you some positive affirmations.
Glide into the ritual of writing you little notes of happy feelings and feel them enough to believe.
Write down three happy things happening in your life every single day and you life improves to provide you with more reasons to be happier in life.
Gratitude is the feeling of deeply being honored to receive what you already have. When you start accepting positively what you have, you start creating more things around you happily!
For a healthier body, healthy gut is important! It is the most important network of the body after the brain. And it is the gut that improves your digestive system by bringing in good bacteria.
These help build up a strong immunity system, mental health, heart and even treat a variety of allergies in the body.
Research has shown that probiotics contribute to losing body fat, optimising health and even treating mental health conditions like anxiety and depression alike!
9. Quit smoking and drinking
Smoking and drinking is a lifestyle habit that a majority of the millennials and Gen Xers are habituated to follow.
The social influence, peer pressure, situations and emotional turnmoil often force people to resort to some sort of relief that comes with consumption of alcohol or tobacco. But these substances do the most harm to the body bringing health, emotional and mental issues altogether!
Quit smoking and drinking to restore your hormonal balance, immunity and body energy.
10. Drink more and more water
Water is detoxifying and there is no alternative to water.
For optimum functioning of the body, our body needs proper hydration. And the single most productive aid to this is water.
Drinking at least 16 glasses of water daily is essential to maintain a healthy digestive tract, energy and balance.
Keep drinking throughout the day and catch up on hydration for your body to heal naturally and flush out the toxins. It’s a natural healer.
Restoration of body health is a journey that is nurtured with healthy habits.
It is when you believe in healthy choices as a medicinal lifestyle that you can truly attain a healthier life!