Script Hook V is the library that allows using GTA V script native functions in custom *.asi plugins. However, quite recently we have had many reports of a “Script Hook V Critical Error” occurring while trying to launch the game. The error persists even in the Offline mode. In this article, we will discuss some of the causes of this problem and provide you with viable solutions to eradicate it.
What Causes the “Script Hook V Critical Error”?
We investigated the issue after receiving numerous reports from users and came up with a set of solutions that were reported to solve the error for most users. Also, we looked into the cause of the problem which is listed as follows.
- Anti-Cheat System: The Script Hook application is used for modding in GTA V but the developers don’t support this practice and the application is detected as a “cheat” therefore it is patched in every update of the game. The developer’s of the Script Hook application always release a workaround for this in the new updates but they take some time to come out,
Now that you know the cause of the problem we will be moving on towards the solutions.
But before moving on with the solutions, restart your system and the network equipment.
Script Hook V is the library that allows to use GTA V script native functions in custom *.asi plugins. Note that it doesn’t work in GTA Online, script hook disables custom scripts when player goes in multiplayer.
This distrib also includes the latest Asi Loader and Native Trainer.
- Copy ScriptHookV.dll to the game’s main folder, i.e. where GTA5.exe is located.
- In order to load asi plugins you need to have asi loader installed, you can download it separately or use the latest version that comes with this distrib (dsound.dll).
- This distrib also includes a sample asi plugin – native trainer, if you need a trainer then copy NativeTrainer.asi too.
Native Trainer Controls
F4 – activate
NUM2/8/4/6 – navigate thru the menus and lists (numlock must be on)
NUM5 – select
NUM0/BACKSPACE/F4 – back
NUM9/3 – use vehicle boost when active
NUM+ – use vehicle rockets when active
Also Read Get Free Money Now: $5833 from 27 Ways
Solution 1: Reverting to Old Version of the Game.
If the Grand Theft Auto V has been updated by the developers and the new update has patched the Script Hook V application then it will not work. Usually, the Developers of the Script Hook V release a new update that serves as a workaround for the patch but if that has not yet been provided then we will have to revert to the old version of the game for which you will have to download the following files as per your needs that are mention below
- Download the Grand Theft Auto files (for the Steam version).
- Download the Grand Theft Auto files (for the Rockstar’s Club version).
- Download the Grand Theft Auto files (for the Epic Games Launcher version).
- Now extract the downloaded files and copy the GTAV.exe and the GTAVLauncher.exe into the game installation folder.
- Select “Replace the files in the destination” option.
- Also, Right–Click on the”Update.rpf” and select “Copy”
- Now Open the “Updates” folder situated inside the game installation folder and paste
- Once more, select the “Replace the files in the Destination” option.
- This will revert the game to the old version and the Script Hook should work but the game checks for updates every time you try to launch it through the launcher.
- Download the “No launcher Mod”.
- Now extract the downloaded “RAR” file
- Copy both the files situated inside the extracted folder inside the Grand Theft Auto V installation folder
- Now double click on the “No_GTAVLAUNCHER.exe” to run the game
- This mode skips the process of checking for updates and thus allows you to play the game on an older version.
If this solution does not solve your problem then you should try a clean install of both the Script Hook V application and also the Grand Theft Auto game.
What is Script Hook V?
Script Hook V is a free computer game script file that allows you to use GTA V content local capacities in custom ASI modules. Created by Alexander Blade, this mod is a module library that additionally accompanies the most recent ASI Loader and Native Trainer. With this, your mods for Grand Theft Auto V and it is perfect because it doesn’t work in Grand Theft Auto Online, you won’t get banned for installing this mode.
Script Hook V ASI Loader
If you have a past ASI Loader, you’ll need to have Script Hook V, which adds different new ongoing interaction cheats to your play through. For example, the capacity to generate all vehicles in the game and add all weapons to your inventory, you will need a Native Trainer, but to run the Native Trainer you need Script Hook V.
The good part of Script Hook V is that, it does not work when you switch to GTA Online, which is amazing because you will get banned for using modes in GTA 5 Online. Developer of Script Hook V is very intelligent, and he honestly saved the modding industry.
The main purpose of Script Hook V is to provide an additional layer of compatibility between scripts and other mods that PC gamers prefer to install. This mod monitors all custom scripts that are added by various mods and removes various states that could lead to error messages.
It effectively enables gamers to run Grand Theft Auto V without fearing that some of their installed mods will cause instability, rendering errors, in-game glitches, and in the worst cases, even game crashes. The app can run GTAV native script functions, it has built-in support for ASI Loader and Native Trainer, and much more.
The library is distributed online as a ZIP archive that brings compressed files (most importantly ScriptHookV.dll file) that need to be manually copied by the user to the GTAV base installation directory, just where GTA5.exe is located. In order to load ASI plugins that manage file libraries of mod-affected files, a separate ASI Loader app has to be installed. Thankfully, this app is also present in Script Hook V ZIP.
One of the negatives of Script Hook V is that it has to be updated by its developer for each version of GTAV that is released by Rockstar. This means, that users themselves have to re-download and copy ScriptHookV.dll file manually each time a new game patch is released.
If the script mod is not updated, the chance for errors during mod execution rises dramatically. Thankfully, Script Hook V can automatically update mods, enabling gamers to enjoy playing their game without monitoring the state of each mod they have installed.